- As part of the celebrations of “Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav” marking the 75 years of Indian Independence, the National Museum, New Delhi under the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) & North Eastern Council (NEC)’s initiative titled #DestinationNorthEastIndia is all set to commemorate the rich heritage of North East India.
- The Museum incorporates some outstanding artifacts collection, representing the cultural diasporas of Northeast India, and contributing to the celebration ‘Destination North East India’.
- This week-long series of events will include performances from various artists, online lectures, and tours of the Northeast Lifestyle Gallery to highlight the diverse artistic traditions and communities of the North-eastern states.
- Cultural performances present glimpses of indigenous lifestyle and the very ecology of the region pivotal in shaping the tangible and intangible culture and socioeconomic pursuits.
- A series of online learning sessions discussing various themes, depicting the art and culture of Northeast India will also be part of the event.
2. Digital Atlantic Charter initiative
U.S. Air Force Brigadier General Robert Spalding has announced the Digital Atlantic Charter initiative, a public-private effort focused on safeguarding democracies worldwide.
- It is created in the spirit of the Atlantic Charter and following the recent AUKUS trilateral security partnership between Australia, the U.K., and the U.S.
- The initiative supports countries in every region of the world as they work to protect and ensure the resilience of their critical infrastructure.
- The initiative provides policy advice, an investment vehicle, and a technology development platform to help government agencies and commercial entities counter digital authoritarianism.
- Earlier a declaration was signed by British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt in August 1941.
- The two leaders plan to sign what they’re calling a new Atlantic Charter, pledging to “defend the principles, values, and institutions of democracy and open societies.”
click here to know more
3. Master Plan for Delhi 2041
The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has extended the ongoing public hearing regarding the draft Master Plan for Delhi 2041 till November 24.
Delhi Master Plan 2041
- It seeks to “foster a sustainable, liveable and vibrant Delhi by 2041”.
- In the housing sector, it talks about incentivizing rented accommodation by inviting private players and government agencies to invest more, keeping in mind the large migrant population.
- ‘User pays’ principle: To address parking problems, it suggests a ‘user pays principle, which means users of all personal motor vehicles, except for non-motorized ones, have to pay for authorized parking facilities, spaces, and streets.
- It aims to minimize vehicular pollution through key strategies, including a switch to greener fuels for public transport and adoption of mixed-use of transit-oriented development (also known as TOD).
- The draft lays a clear boundary of the buffer zone near the Yamuna river– a 300-meter width shall be maintained wherever feasible along the entire edge of the river.
4. RBI Retail Direct Scheme
- The Reserve Bank announces the activation of the RBI Retail Direct Scheme with effect from today.
- Reserve Bank of India-Retail Direct (RBI-RD) Scheme will bring G-secs within easy reach of the common man by simplifying the process of investment.
- Under the Scheme, retail individual investors will be able to open a Retail Direct Gilt (RDG) Account with the Reserve Bank of India, using an online portal
- Payments for transactions can be done conveniently using a savings bank account through internet banking or Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
- Investor services include provisions for transaction and balance statements, nomination facility, pledge or lien of securities, and gift transactions.
- No fees will be charged for facilities provided under the scheme.
- The Scheme aims to provide a safe, simple, direct, and secured platform to investors.
- Investments can be made using the following routes
- Primary issuance of government securities: Investors can place bids as per the non-competitive scheme for participation in the primary auction of government securities and procedural guidelines for SGB issuance.
- Secondary market: Investors can buy and sell government securities on NDS-OM (‘Odd Lot’ and ‘Request for Quotes’ segments).
5. US, Israel, Bahrain, and UAE First Naval Training
- The U.S. Navy’s Fifth Fleet is joining with naval forces from the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Israel in a first-of-its-kind maritime security exercise in the Red Sea.
- The five-day exercise under the leadership of the U.S. Naval Forces Central Command (NAVCENT) is being seen as an unprecedented naval exercise marking the first time these nations
- It is a shared training exercise made possible by the 2020 accords under which Bahrain and the UAE normalized diplomatic relations with Israel.
- The training is designed to enhance interoperability between participating forces’ maritime interdiction teams and will focus on visit, board, search, and seizure tactics.
- U.S. Navy’s 5th Fleet which is based in Bahrain and is responsible for naval operations in the Arabian Gulf, Gulf of Oman, Red Sea, and parts of the Indian Ocean, along with the Strait of Hormuz, the Suez Canal and the Strait of Bab-al-Mandeb.
- The current naval exercise is also part of a broader training effort in the region.
6. PNS Tughril
- China has gifted its largest and the most advanced warship to the Pakistan Navy.
- The frigate, named PNS Tughril by the Pakistan Navy, is the largest and most advanced warship that China has ever exported.
- It was designed and built by China State Shipbuilding Corporation Limited (CSSC) and was delivered to the Pakistan Navy in a commissioning ceremony in Shanghai.
- PNS Tughril reportedly is a highly advanced guided-missile war machine with enormous surface-to-surface, surface-to-air, and subsurface firepower besides extensive surveillance potentials
- Tughril is based on China’s Type 054A frigate. Beijing had earlier tried to strike a deal with Thailand in 2013 to sell these warships.
7. P. Gopi Chand Autobiography
- India’s chief nationwide badminton coach P. Gopi Chand formally launched his autobiography Shuttler’s Flick: Making each match depend, co-authored by Priya Kumar.
- Gopi Chand mentioned it was nearly inconceivable to make it to a championship degree and not use a coach in any area, sports activities included.
8. Sarita Mor
- Sarita Mor bagged the 59kg title with a victory over Geeta Phogat, former Commonwealth Games champion at the National Wrestling Championship in Gonda, Uttar Pradesh.
- Among other categories, U23 World Championships silver medallist Shivani Pawar won the 50kg category & Pooja Gehlot, with silver at U23 Worlds in 2019, won the 53kg division.