Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission
- The Centre’s proposed plan to create a heritage village and boost tourism at Singaperumal Koil and nearby villages, about 40 km south of Chennai, is expected to give a much-needed fillip to the region’s development.
- The ‘Rurban Mission’ covers Singaperumal Koil and six villages nearby — Appur, Chettipuniyam, Guruvanmedu, Kolathur, Reddipalayam, and Venkatapuram.
- Singaperumalkoil region has become one of the most sought-after residential locations for the past two decades due to industrial units and tech parks.
- The region is home to ancient temples and popular among them is the cave temple of Padalathri Narasimha at the heart of the village.
- A rock-cut temple built by the Pallavas was reported to be 1,500-year old.
- The village Chettipuniyam is known for its 400-year old Yoga Hayagreevar temple
Click here to know more
National Curriculum Framework
- The Centre has started the process to revise school textbooks by appointing a new panel.
- The panel will be chaired by Chairman K. Kasturirangan, former Indian Space Research Organisation along with a 12-member steering committee
- This committee will be responsible for developing a new National Curriculum Framework (NCF).
- Dr. Kasturirangan also chaired the drafting committee for the National Education Policy, 2020 which recommended the development of a new NCF.
- The steering committee has been given a tenure of three years to complete its task
- The last such framework was developed in 2005.
National Snakebite Awareness Summit
- It is organized by the leading health awareness institution Integrated Health & Wellbeing (IHW) Council
- The Summit has underlined the need to spread awareness on means to prevent attacks by snakes as well as gather adequate data to formulate the right and better ways to treat the cases at the primary health centers.
- The summit was held on the eve of the International Snakebite Awareness Day, observed on 19 September every year.
International Snakebite Awareness Day
- It is commemorated on September 19 every year since 2018, representing an opportunity to raise awareness of one of the world’s biggest hidden health crises.
- Snakebite particularly affects the most vulnerable members of society – often those living in remote rural areas, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
- It is a slimy foam, also known as marine mucilage, and has been appearing increasingly on Greek beaches during the summer of 2021.
- Sea snot mostly consists of microscopic algae known as phytoplankton.
- It is caused due to climate change events which lead to an increase in sea temperature making microorganisms thrive well.
State Food Safety Index
- Gujarat, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu have topped an index that ranks states on food safety parameters for the 2020-21 year
- Large State Toppers: Gujarat, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu
- Small State Toppers: Goa, Meghalaya, and Manipur.
- Union territories: Jammu and Kashmir, Andaman and Nicobar Island, and Delhi
About the Index
- It is released by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
- This is the third index on food safety of the Food and Safety Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
- It is released on the completion of 15 years of the formation of the regulatory body.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous body
- It is established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
- The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India
Click here to know more
TRIFED to train people on pearl farming
- The Tribal Affairs Ministry has roped in a Jharkhand-based firm to train people belonging to Scheduled Tribes in pearl farming.
- The ministry plans to develop 25 clusters of Van Dhan Vikas Kendra (VDVK) in Jharkhand where pearl farming can be undertaken.
- A VDVK is a center for skill up-gradation and capacity building training and setting up of primary processing and value addition facilities.
- A typical Van Dhan Vikas Kendra includes 20 tribal members and 15 such centers constitute one VDVK cluster.
- It is an agency under the Tribal Affairs Ministry
- It was established in August 1987 under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 1984 by the Government of India
- It was launched as a National level Cooperative body under the administrative control of the then Ministry of Welfare of India
- It is a Navy exercise between India and Indonesia
- Indian Naval ships Shivalik and Kadmatt arrived at Jakarta, Indonesia to participate in the third edition of bilateral exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ with the Indonesian Navy.
- It is in pursuance of India’s Act East Policy
- It was conceived in 2018 as a bilateral maritime exercise between India and Indonesia.
Global Innovation Index (GII)
- India has climbed two spots and has been ranked 46th by the World Intellectual Property Organization in the Global Innovation Index 2021 ranking
- India has been on a rising trajectory over the past several years in the Global Innovation Index (GII) and rose from a rank of 81 in 2015 to 46 in 2021.
- The Global Innovation Index (GII) is an annual ranking of countries by their capacity for, and success in, innovation.
- It is published by Cornell University, INSEAD, and the World Intellectual Property Organization, in partnership with other organizations and institutions
- The index was started in 2007 by INSEAD and World Business a British magazine.
World Patient Safety Day
- World Patient Safety Day is celebrated on 17 September 2021
- WHO urges all stakeholders to “Act now for safe and respectful childbirth
- Theme “Safe maternal and newborn care”
- World Patient Safety Day was established in 2019 to enhance global understanding of patient safety, increase public engagement in the safety of health care and promote global actions to enhance patient safety and reduce patient harm.