New Portal for Geo Tagging Assets
- Government launches new portal to facilitate geospatial planning of MGNREGA assets
- The portal will serve as a repository of assets (geotags) created under the various National Rural Development Programmes, such as MGNREGA, Per Drop More Crop Programmes, Integrated Watershed Management Programme, and Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana, along with the field photographs.
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, has created the country’s first indigenous motorized wheelchair vehicle
- It can be utilized on roadways as well as rough terrain.
- It has a top speed of 25 kmph and a range of up to 25 kilometers per charge.
- Compared to automobiles, auto-rickshaws, or adapted scooters, it provides wheelchair users with a convenient, safe, and low-cost means of outdoor transportation.
- The NeoBolt is powered by a Lithium-Ion battery that provides 25 kilometers per charge
Global Crypto Adoption Index
- Chainalysis’s 2021 Global Crypto Adoption Index ranked 20 countries to measure the level of cryptocurrency adoption and usage by individuals between July 2020 and June 2021.
- India ranked second in a list of 20 countries with the highest cryptocurrency adoption rate, according to cryptoanalysis platform Chainalysis.
- Vietnam secured the first spot, and Pakistan came third
New Portal Under Bhuvan “Yuktdhara” Will Facilitate Planning Of New MGNREGA Assets Using Remote Sensing And GIS Based Information
Pannel for Urban Co-operative Banks
- RBI appointed panel suggests a 4-tier structure for Urban Co-operative Banks.
- It has been suggested that the minimum Capital to Risk-Weighted Assets Ratio (CRAR) for them could vary from 9 percent to 15 percent and for Tier-4 UCBs the Basel III prescribed norms.
- Gennova’s mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccine gets approval for Phase 2/3 clinical trials
- India’s first mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccine candidate HGCO19 by Gennova Biopharmaceuticals Ltd has been granted approval for Phase 2/3 clinical trails
Hong Kong Censorship law
- Hong Kong authorities said they plan to amend a film censorship law to forbid screenings of movies deemed contrary to national security.
- The proposed changes to Hong Kong’s Film Censorship Ordinance would step up censorship of movies in the semi-autonomous city, expanding an ongoing crackdown on political dissent that has led to the closure of various pro-democracy organizations and the arrests of dozens of activists.
Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine
- The United States has given full approval to Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine.
- It means Pfizer’s shot for people 16 years and older has now undergone the same rigorous testing and regulatory review as dozens of other long-established vaccines.
International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade
- International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition is observed on August 23, every year.
- This day is observed with the aim of memorializing millions of people who were the victims of the trans-Atlantic slave trade.