- HC issues notice to Delhi govt. on plea to ban sex-selective surgeries on infants.
- The petition sought to declare a ban on medically unnecessary, sex-selective surgeries on intersex infants and children, except in cases of life-threatening situations.
Revival Package for NE Region
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on Wednesday approved a 45 crore package for the revival of state-run North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation Ltd.
- North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation (NERAMAC) is a central public sector enterprise under the administrative control of the Ministry of Development of the North Eastern Region (MDoNER).
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
The Karnataka government has directed insurance companies to mandatorily include names of family members of farmers as nominees while providing insurance coverage for crops under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).
Open digital ecosystems will unlock more than $700 billion worth of business opportunities for India by 2030 across sectors such as healthcare, agriculture, MSMEs, education, and e-land records, industry apex body Nasscom said in a report
National Asset Reconstruction Company
- The Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) has moved an application to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) seeking a license to set up a 6,000 crore National Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd (NARCL)
- It will act as a bad bank, according to sources.
- NARCL was incorporated last month in Mumbai following the registration with the Registrar of Companies (RoC).
With wheat harvesting in full swing in Punjab and Haryana, farmers, for the first time, have started receiving minimum support price (MSP) payment directly in their bank accounts under the Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme (DBT)
Fair and Remunerative Price
Govt had hiked FRPs by 38% since 210 a quintal of 2013-14
The Central government has hiked the minimum price that sugar mills must pay to cane farmers by Rs 5 a quintal for the 2021-22 sugar season that runs from October to September.
Karnataka-based silk agritech startup ReshaMandi is helping to bring different strands of the industry together through IoT and other app-based services.
India is the only country that produces all the five known commercial silks — mulberry, tropical tussar, oak tussar, eri and the distinctive gold-tinted muga.
- A Bengaluru-based firm is offering a microbial bio enzyme developed by the Indian Agriculture Research Institute (IARI) to help farmers across India dispose of stubble (crop residue) on their farms responsibly.
- Stubble decomposes within 25 days of spraying the bio enzyme, named Pusa Decomposer, and gets converted into manure, thereby improving the quality of soil, claims the company, which is also offering a free spraying service. nurture. farm, a technology-led solutions provider for sustainable agriculture
- It claims to have already signed up with more than 25,000 farmers, mostly in Punjab and Haryana, covering an area of over 5,00,000 acres
Scientists detect earthquake swarm at Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano
G-7 and India
- Influential lawmakers from G-7 want India invited to bloc’s meetings on the Afghan crisis.
- The lawmakers also demanded that no member of the international community of states should unilaterally recognize the Taliban regime and there must be a coordinated process, ideally through a resolution of the United Nations Security Council
China reopens world’s third-busiest port, eastern Ningbo-Zhoushan port after partial virus halt
- The Paralympics began in the same empty National Stadium — during the same pandemic — as the opening and closing ceremonies of the recently completed Tokyo Olympics
- Mariyappan withdrew as India’s Paralympic flag-bearer after coming in contact with a COVID positive person
Three Indians in finals of Asian junior boxing in Dubai.
India’s assured medal tally stood at over 20 on the day of the draws itself as many countries either skipped or fielded smaller squads due to the COVID-19 travel restrictions.
An ongoing virtual philately exhibition, Olymphila India 2021, celebrates the Tokyo Olympics through various treasured postage stamps of history
- Chandrasekharan passes away.
- He was a defender in one of India’s finest football teams in the 1960s.