Latur: Free WiFi
- Latur, a remote village in Maharashtra has become the first village to have a free Wi-Fi connection
- It aims in bringing relief especially to students who are now hoping to attend online classes without worrying about network issues.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), the number of bank accounts has increased to 43 crores with total deposits of Rs 1.46 lakh crore.
100 Ayush dispensaries to be set up in NE
- The focus of these centers will be on traditional medicines and 100 Ayush dispensaries will be set up in the northeast under the National Ayush Mission for boosting their popularity.
- 70 crore would be provided for the establishment of a new ayurvedic college at Dudhnoi in Assam’s Goalpara.
- The Ayush Ministry would also provide 10 crores as a grant for upgrading the Government Ayurvedic College in Guwahati and developing it as a center of excellence.
- The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has introduced a new registration mark that is called the Bharat series (BH Series).
- Once the user gets the vehicle registered with the BH series mark they will not have to re-register their car or bike when they move to a new state.
- Moscow is also helping with the design of viewports and life support systems
- Four Indian Air Force (IAF) officers have completed a year-long training in the Russian Space Academy as part of India’s Gaganyaan human space flight program.
- Now they will return to Russia for getting their spacesuits made as per individual specifications.
- QSim is the first-of-its-kind toolkit, indigenously developed in India.
- It is meant to be a vital tool for learning and understanding the practical aspects of programming with the help of Quantum Computers. It will thus bring about a new era of Quantum Computing research in India.
- This toolkit has been developed jointly by scientists of IIT Roorkee, C-DAC, and IISc Bangalore.
- It was developed with the support and funding of MeitY.
Wristwatch for ISRO
- The Bangalore Watch Company launches Apogee.
- The watch, which comes in four variants, shares the same technical details.
- The cases are machined out a single block of titanium, the movement is Swiss-made and automatic, each case back has a 3D artwork of the Aryabhata satellite, and the final product is hand-assembled in Bengaluru.
- ZyCoV-D vaccine is the world’s first plasmid DNA vaccine for human use.
- DNA, or Deoxyribonucleic Acid, contains the genetic code of various components of an organism.
- For the vaccine, the part of the COVID virus that helps it enter the cell and cause disease is coded.
- ZyCoV-D vaccine safe and effective for adolescents.
- Hurricane Nora formed off Mexico’s Pacific coast
- It swept past the Puerto Vallarta area, following a path that could take it for possible close encounters with other resorts farther north.
- India and Germany carried out a joint exercise, which included helicopter landings and searches and seizure operations, in the Gulf of Aden near Yemen.
- The Indian Navy’s frigate ‘Trikand’ exercised with German frigate ‘Bayern’ in the Gulf of Aden
- The militaries of China, Pakistan, Mongolia, and Thailand will take part in a multinational peacekeeping exercise to be organized by the People’s Liberation Army in the country’s central Henan province of china.
- The four countries will take part in the first multinational peacekeeping live exercise “Shared Destiny-2021” at the combined-arms tactical training base of the PLA in Henan’s Queshan county.
G20 Ministerial Conference on Women’s Empowerment
- The First-ever G20 Ministerial Conference on Women’s Empowerment was held at Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy.
- It was held in mixed format i.e people participated in physical form and via video conference.
BRICS-Agricultural Research Platform
- Ministers of Agriculture from Brazil, Russia, China, and South Africa held meeting virtually
- Theme- “BRICS Partnership for Strengthening Agrobiodiversity for Food and Nutrition Security”.
- BRICS grouping brings the major emerging economies of the world together. It accounts for 41% of the world population, contributes about 24% of the world GDP, and is having a 16% share in world trade.
Algeria and Morocco
Algeria has cut its diplomatic ties with Morocco due to hostile actions after months of resurgent tensions between both countries.