- The Jal Shakti Ministry has launched a campaign to create a million soak pits in villages across the country over the next 100 days, to help manage greywater and prevent the clogging of water bodies.
- It’s a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahastov
Tags for CryptoCurrency
- Tags for identifying bitcoin, ethereum and other crypto assets will be launched
- It is launched as the unregulated market is adopting the hallmarks of mainstream investing.
- The new digital token identifiers or DTIs will be registered at the DTI Foundation, a not-for-profit unit of Etrading Software, a fintech company that provides market infrastructure.
The Union government is working on setting up an Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) to “democratize e-commerce” and “to provide alternatives to proprietary e-commerce sites”
- The government will launch an e-Shram portal, a database of unorganized sector workers.
- The government aims to register 38 crores, unorganized workers, such as construction laborers, migrant workforce, street vendors, and domestic workers, among others.
- The workers will be issued an e-Shram card containing a 12 digit unique number, which, going ahead, will help in including them in social security schemes.
India Second- Most attractive destination
According to real estate consultant Cushman amp, Wakefield, India has overtaken the United States (US) to become the second-most attractive manufacturing destination internationally
India Trillion dollars by 2025
- The Indian retail segment has its own uniqueness
- India is one of the most exciting markets globally that is poised to grow to over a trillion dollars by 2025, according to Walmart Inc. president and CEO Doug McMillon.
- Havana Syndrome was first reported in diplomats who were stationed in Cuba in 2016.
- They experienced a strange set of symptoms that prompted a series of government and scientific investigations.
- Some officials called it anomalous health incidents while some called attacks.
- The most recent cases were reported in Asia in 2018 and in central Europe in 2021.
- Google self-driving spinoff Waymo begins testing with the public in San Francisco.
- It is launched by Alphabet Inc
- It hopes to open the Robo taxis to anyone in the city in less than the three year
Delta variant sub-lineage
- Delta variant sub-lineage AY.12 was found in India.
- India SARS-CoV-2 Genome consortium reports the prevalence of the micro-lineage that has been linked to a surge in Israel.
Zydus Cadila’s Covid vaccine
- The National Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (NTAGI) will soon devise a roadmap for introducing Zydus Cadila’s Covid vaccine in the inoculation drive
- The Prioritised beneficiaries will be those aged 12-18 years with comorbidities.
- The indigenously developed world’s first DNA-based needle-free COVID-19 vaccine ZyCoV-D received Emergency Use Authorisation from the drug regulator on August 20 making it the first vaccine to be administered in the age group of 12-18 years in the country.
Fukushima nuclear power
Fukushima nuclear power plant operators plan to build an undersea tunnel so that massive amounts of treated but still radioactive water can be released into the ocean about 1 km away from the plant to avoid interference with local fishing.
Children’s Climate Risk Index’
- ‘The Climate Crisis Is a Child Rights Crisis: Introducing the Children’s Climate Risk Index’ is the first comprehensive analysis of climate risk from a child’s perspective.
- It ranks countries based on children’s exposure to climate and environmental shocks, such as cyclones and heatwaves, as well as their vulnerability to those shocks, based on their access to essential services.
- Launched in collaboration with Fridays for Future on the third anniversary of the youth-led global climate strike movement, the report finds approximately 1 billion children – nearly half the world’s 2.2 billion children – live in one of the 33 countries classified as “extremely high-risk”.
- India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier, IAC-1. Named INS Vikrant, the carrier is slated to join the Navy in 2022.
- On August 8th, it successfully accomplished its five-day maiden sea voyage as part of trials in Kochi.
- It is by far the most complex and largest naval warship ever to be built in an Indian shipyard.
- The IAC-1 construction catapulted India into an elite league of countries capable of building complex aircraft carriers.
- DRDO, the R&D Arm of the Ministry of Defence, is participating in the International Military-Technical Forum “ARMY-2021” at Kubinka, Moscow.
- India has pitched its indigenously built fighter aircraft LCA Tejas, Anti Tank Guided Missiles, Arjun Main Battle Tank (MK1A) at the International Military-Technical Forum “ARMY-2021” in the Moscow region.
The second edition of the joint naval exercise, Zair-Al-Bahr, between the Indian Navy and Qatar Emiri Naval Force (QENF) was conducted between August 9 and 14 in the Persian Gulf.
India and Philippine
- India conducts maritime exercises with Philippine Navy in the south china sea.
- The Navy mentioned that India and the Philippines “share a very robust defense and security partnership built over several years and spanning across all domains”
- Pakistan successfully test-launched an indigenously developed guided multi-launch rocket system, Fatah-1.
- The weapon system will give Pakistan Army the capability of precision target engagement deep in enemy territory.
- Ain Dubai is the latest landmark to join Dubai’s long list of world record-breaking attractions, set to open to the public on 21 October.
- Located on Bluewaters Island, the giant observation wheel stands at a staggering height of 250m making it the highest and largest of its kind in the world.
China along with Pakistan and Russia kept its embassy open in Kabul while other countries closed down their diplomatic missions after the Taliban took control of Kabul
China and Taliban
China has established its first diplomatic contact with the Taliban in Kabul after the militant group took control of Afghanistan and the two sides now have “unimpeded and effective communication”.
Shaili Singh wins Silver medal in Long Jump at U20 World Athletics Championships in Nairobi.