In Today’s News:
- World Anti-Doping Agency.
- Dekho Apna Desh campaign.
1. World Anti-Doping Agency
Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju launched a breakthrough Reference Material for use in chemical testing in the field of anti-doping synthesized by collaborative efforts of the National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) and National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Guwahati. This Reference Material (RM), has been identified by NDTL as one of the rarely available RMs globally and would be used to strengthen anti-doping measures in all World Anti Doping Agency (WADA)-accredited laboratories.
Prelims GS – International Relations
- The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) was established in 1999 as an international independent agency composed and funded equally by the sport movement and governments of the world.
- Its key activities include scientific research, education, development of anti-doping capacities, and monitoring of the World Anti-Doping Code (Code) – the document harmonizing anti-doping policies in all sports and all countries.
- The World Anti-Doping Agency’s mission is to lead a collaborative worldwide movement for doping-free sport.
World Anti-Doping Code:
- The World Anti-Doping Code (Code) is the core document that harmonizes anti-doping policies, rules, and regulations within sport organizations and among public authorities around the world.
- It works in conjunction with eight International Standards which aim to foster consistency among anti-doping organizations in various areas.
- These Standards are:
- The International Standard for Testing and Investigations (ISTI)
- The International Standard for Laboratories (ISL)
- The International Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions (ISTUE)
- The International Standard for the Prohibited List (The List)
- The International Standard for the Protection of Privacy and Personal Information (ISPPPI)
- The International Standard for Code Compliance by Signatories (ISCCS)
- The International Standard for Education (ISE)
- The International Standard for Results Management (ISRM)
Click here to know more about WADA.
2. Dekho Apna Desh Campaign
As India is in Unlock phase now and the Ministry of Tourism and its field Offices are organizing and supporting different tourism promotion events under the Dekho Apna Desh Campaign showcasing various tourism assets and products of the country with an aim to create awareness among the stakeholders and citizens.
Prelims GS – Governance
Dekho Apna Desh:
- Dekho Apna Desh is an initiative of the Ministry of Tourism which was launched by Union Minister for Tourism (IC) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel at Konark, Odisha on 24th January 2020 by releasing the content of the pledge during a function on the Mygov platform.
- The Dekho Apna Desh initiative of the Ministry of Tourism encourages the citizens to travel widely within the country and exploring the wonders of India thus enabling the development of Domestic Tourism tourist facilities and infrastructure in tourist spots in the country.
Click here to view the official Press Release.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.