In Today’s News:
- RAISE 2020 inauguration
1. RAISE 2020 inauguration
Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi inaugurated the Summit -RAISE 2020 – ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020 through video conference. Hon’ble PM Narendra Modi stressed on the responsible use of artificial intelligence (AI) and protecting the world against the weaponization of AI by non-state actors. The Prime Minister also said that Algorithm Transparency is key to establishing trust in how AI is used and it remains our collective responsibility to ensure it.
Prelims GS – Science and Technology
- Artificial intelligence (AI) refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think like humans and mimic their actions.
- The term may also be applied to any machine that exhibits traits associated with a human mind such as learning and problem-solving.
Applications of AI:
Ai has applications in many sectors and industries.
Some of the notable applications of AI are in :
- Healthcare industry for drug delivery
- Disease diagnosis
- Surgical procedures in patients
- Self-driving cars
- Detection of unusual card activity in Banking and Finance
- Text-to-Speech conversion
- Create meaningful short stories and songs
- Wireless transmission of electrical energy.
(Note: UPSC 2020 Prelims List type Question on Applications of AI. Those points are also covered in the above list)
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.