In Today’s News:
- PMGKAY and beneficiaries.
- Air India aircraft crashes in Calicut Airport runway.
1.PMGKAY and beneficiaries
It is a piece of political based news that is not relevant for the UPSC Exam.
Prelims GS – Economic Development
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana(PMGKAY):
Refer to the prelims content of PMGKAY on 1st July 2020.
(Note: PMGKAY points may also be used for UPSC civil service exam – Mains GS- 3 Food Security topics)
2. Air India aircraft crashes in Calicut Airport runway
An Air India flight from Dubai to Calicut on Vande Bharat Mission crashed in Calicut airport runway by skidding off the runway. The aircraft broke into two parts and severe casualties happened to the people who traveled on that flight. Rescue operations were undertaken by the police, fire personnel, and disaster management team. An NDRF team reached the site to assist with the rescue operations at the airport.
Prelims GS – Governance
- Directorate General of Civil Aviation is an attached office of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation is the regulatory body in the field of Civil Aviation primarily dealing with safety issues.
- It is responsible for the regulation of air transport services to/from/within India and for enforcement of civil air regulations, air safety, and airworthiness standards.
- It also coordinates all regulatory functions with the International Civil Aviation Organisation.
- The headquarters are located in New Delhi with regional offices in the various parts of India.
Click here to visit the official website of DGCA.
Prelims GS – Disaster Management
NDRF:(National Disaster Response Force)
Refer to the prelims content of NDRF on 3rd June 2020.
Mains GS3 – Disaster Management
The Role played by NDRF:
Refer to the Mains content of NDRF on 3rd June 2020.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.