In Today’s News:
- 1000 Khelo India small centres to be launched.
1. 1000 Khelo India small centres to be launched
Hon’ble Union Sports Minister Shri Kiren Rijiju in his address to the 10th Global Sports Summit, TURF 2020, organized by FICCI, said, that India is starting 1000 Khelo India small centres across the country that will help retired sportspersons get employment or some role in shaping the sports culture of the country.
Prelims GS – Governance
- The Khelo India program has been introduced to revive the sports culture in India at the grass-root level by building a strong framework for all sports played in our country and establish India as a great sporting nation.
- Khelo India is the National Program for the Development of Sports.
- Talented players identified in priority sports disciplines at various levels by the High-Powered Committee will be provided annual financial assistance of INR 5 lakh per annum for 8 years.
- The 12 verticals under Khelo India Program are as follows:
- Play Field Development
- Utilization and Creation/ Upgradation of Sports Infrastructure
- Sports for Peace and Development
- State Level Khelo India Centers
- Annual Sports Competitions
- Talent Search and Development
- Sports for Women
- Support to National/Regional/State Sports Academies
- Promotion of Sports among persons with disabilities
- Promotion of rural and indigenous/tribal games
- Physical Fitness of School going Children
- Community Coaching Development
Click here to know more about Khelo India.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.