In Today’s News:
- Hunar Haat and USTTAD
1. Hunar Haat and USTTAD
Hunar Haats will restart from November 11, 2020, after a gap of seven months due to corona. The Theme of Hunar Haats will be “Vocal for Local” where indigenous exquisite products made from “Maati (clay), Metal and Machiya (wooden & jute products)” will be a major attraction.
Prelims GS – Economic Development
- Hunar Haat has become an “Empowerment Exchange” of artisans and craftsmen from across the country.
- “Hunar Haat”, which provides a market and opportunity to master artisans and craftsmen from remote areas of the country, has become a credible brand of rare exquisite indigenous handmade products.
- Hunar Haats are organized by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- “USTTAD” scheme refers to Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/ Crafts for Development.
- USTTAD scheme aims to preserve the heritage of traditional arts and crafts of minority communities and build the capacity of traditional craftspersons and artisans and establish linkages of traditional skills with the global market.
- USTTAD scheme comes under the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
Components of USTTAD:
The scheme will have the following programs:
- Up-gradation of Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts through Institutions
- USTTAD Fellowship for Research and Development.
- Support to Craft museum for curating traditional arts/ crafts.
- Support for minority craftsmen/artisans through Hunar Haats for marketing their products.
Click here to know more about USTTAD.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.