In Today’s News:
- FCRA registration to Golden Temple, Amritsar.
- India and Japan sign the logistics agreement.
1. FCRA registration to Golden Temple, Amritsar
The Ministry of Home Affairs has granted Foreign Contribution Regulation Act(FCRA) registration to Gurudwara Harmandir Sahib which is also famously known as the Golden Temple, Amritsar. This FCRA registration will help them receive foreign funds and donations.
Prelims GS – Governance
Click here to view the Prelims content of FCRA on 7th September 2020.
2. India and Japan sign logistics agreement
India and Japan signed an Agreement between the two countries concerning the Reciprocal Provision of Supplies and Services between the Armed Forces of India and The Self-Defense Forces of Japan. The agreement was signed by the Defence Secretary of India and Ambassador of Japan.
Mains GS2 – International Relations
Significance of India-Japan Logistics Agreement:
- This agreement establishes the enabling framework for closer cooperation between the Armed Forces of India and Japan in the reciprocal provision of supplies and services while engaged in bilateral training activities, United Nations Peacekeeping Operations, Humanitarian International Relief and other mutually agreed activities.
- The agreement will also enhance the interoperability between the Armed Force of India and Japan
- This agreement helps in further increasing the bilateral defense engagements under the Special Strategic & Global Partnership between the two countries.
- This agreement will help in maintaining regional security.
- This agreement will also increase maritime cooperation between India and Japan.
Click here to view the official press release of PIB.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.