In Today’s News:
- Jyotiba Phule’s birth anniversary.
- Tika Utsav.
1. Jyotiba Phule’s birth anniversary
The Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has paid tribute to the great social reformer, thinker, philosopher, and writer Mahatma Jyotiba Phule on his birth anniversary.
Prelims GS – History
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule was born in 1827.
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule remained committed to the education of women and their empowerment throughout his life.
- Phule tried to eradicate the Aryan supremacy.
- Satyashodak Samaj was founded by Jyotiba Phule.
- Satyashodak Samaj propagated caste equality.
- Jyotiba Phule wrote a book called ‘Gulamgiri’.
2. Tika Utsav
India has launched ‘Tika Utsav’ on 11th April, which is the birth anniversary of Jyotiba Phule. The ‘Tika Utsav’ will continue till 14th April, i.e., the birth anniversary of Baba Saheb Ambedkar.
Prelims GS – Governance(Health)
- ‘Tika Utsav’, the festival is, in a way, the beginning of another major war against Corona.
- “Teeka(Tika) Utsav” is a movement for facilitating vaccination among those who require it and who are entitled to receive the jab in the current phase of the vaccination drive.
- Reiterating the four-point Mantra spelled out by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, based on
- (i) each one – vaccinate one,
- (ii) each one – treat one,
- (iii) each one – save one, and
- (iv) setting up micro-containment zones.
- In the next four days, the drive has to be carried out at multiple levels including personal level, social level, and administrative level.
- Even after the vaccination, self-discipline has to be maintained to observe COVID-appropriate behavior.
Click here to view the Courtesy: PIB release.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.