In Today’s News:
- Oxygen Enrichment Unit
1. Oxygen Enrichment Unit
CSIR-CMERI celebrated the National Technology Day- 2021 on 11th May 2021 by interacting with MSME Representatives in a Webinar organized by MSME-DI, Thrissur entitled ‘Oxygen Enrichment Technology & Latest Credit Facilities from SIDBI to MSMEs’and by handing over the Technology of Oxygen Enrichment Unit to two MSMEs i.e. M/s Mech Air Industries, Vadodara, Gujarat and M/s Auto Malleable, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Prelims GS – Science & Technology
- The Oxygen Enrichment Unit developed by CSIR-CMERI is a Decentralised Oxygen Generation solution.
- The CSIR-CMERI OEU is an in-situ solution, which can assist the Oxygen Generation Capacity of the Nation as a whole for various Medical Needs.
- This technology has already been delivered to nine MSME partners, thereby expanding the Oxygen Generation Base of the Nation and aiming to transform India as a manufacturing powerhouse of OEU.
- An affordable 50 LPM unit may also be set up for Rural Health facilities with slight modifications.
- A strengthened MSME Network in India empowered by Technology can help India tackle any unforeseen crisis in the future.
Click here to view the official PIB release.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.