In Today’s News:
- PM Kisan scheme.
- A new platform “Transparent Taxation – Honouring the Honest” launched.
1. PM Kisan scheme
It is a piece of political news that is not important for the exam. The scheme is very important.
Prelims GS – Governance
PM Kisan scheme:(Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi)
- It has become operational from 1.12.2018.
- Under the scheme, income support of 6,000/- per year in three equal installments will be provided to small and marginal farmer families having combined landholding/ownership of up to 2 hectares.
- Now, the Centre has extended this benefit to all landholding farmers irrespective of the size of their landholding. All landholding eligible farmer families (subject to the prevalent exclusion criteria) would avail of the benefits under this scheme.
- The definition of family for the scheme is husband, wife, and minor children.
- State Government and UT administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines.
- The fund will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- There are various Exclusion Categories for the scheme.
Click here to view more about PM Kisan on the official website.
2. A new platform “Transparent Taxation – Honouring the Honest” launched.
“Transparent Taxation — Honouring the Honest” platform that provides faceless assessment, faceless appeal, and a taxpayers’ charter was launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi. The faceless appeal system will be available from September 25, the birth anniversary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya.
Mains GS2 – Governance
Transparent Taxation — Honouring the Honest – platform:
- The platform has major reforms like Faceless Assessment, Faceless Appeal, and Taxpayers Charter.
- The new platform apart from being faceless is also aimed at boosting the confidence of the taxpayer and making him/her fearless.
- The Prime Minister praised the role of honest taxpayers in nation-building and said that making the lives of such taxpayers easy is the responsibility of the government.
- “When the life of an honest taxpayer of the country becomes easy, he moves forward and develops, then the country also develops and leaps forward,” PM added.
- The Prime Minister said the new facilities launched today are a part of the Government’s resolve to provide maximum governance with minimum government.
- The charter takes care of maintaining the dignity and sensitivity of the taxpayer and that is based on a trust factor and that the assessee cannot be merely doubted without a basis.
- The Prime Minister said this would help in the making of a Self – Reliant India, AtmaNirbharBharat.
Click here to view more about the platform in PIB release.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.