In Today’s News:
- UDAN 4.1 expected to have more routes.
- Raman effect.
1. UDAN 4.1 expected to have more routes
the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) has proposed about 392 routes under UDAN 4.1 bidding process.
Prelims GS – Governance/Infrastructure
- The Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS)- Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (UDAN) is a flagship scheme of the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) envisaged to make air travel affordable and widespread in the country.
- The scheme intends to boost inclusive national economic growth, employment opportunities, and air transport infrastructure development across the nation.
- To date, 325 routes and 56 airports including 5 heliports and 2 Water Aerodromes have been operationalized under the UDAN scheme.
- The UDAN 4.1 round is focused on connecting smaller airports, along with special helicopter and seaplane routes. In addition to these, some new routes have been proposed under the Sagaramala Seaplane Services in consultation with the Ministry of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways.
Click here to view the Courtesy official PIB Release.
Monitoring of power transmission cables could be achieved through Raman thermometry. This was demonstrated by the researchers at IIT Madras.
Prelims GS – Science & Technology
- Change in the wavelength of light occurs when a light beam is deflected by molecules is known as the Raman effect.
- When a beam of light traverses a dust-free, transparent sample of a chemical compound, a small fraction of the light emerges in directions other than that of the incident (incoming) beam.
- Most of this scattered light is of unchanged wavelength.
- A small part, however, has wavelengths different from that of the incident light; its presence is a result of the Raman effect.
- When light is scattered off an object, two bands will be observed.
- Band with a higher frequency than the original light is called the Stokes band.
- Band with a lower frequency than the original light is called the Anti-Stokes band.
- The temperature of the object can be estimated by studying the relative intensity of the two bands.
Click here to view the courtesy website.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.