In Today’s News:
- National Commission for Scheduled Castes launches a new grievance management portal.
- MANAS platform launched.
1. National Commission for Scheduled Castes launches a new grievance management portal
“Online Grievance Management Portal” for persons from Scheduled Castes was launched by National Commission for Scheduled Castes on the birth anniversary of Hon’ble Dr. B.R.Ambedkar.
Prelims GS – Polity
- The National Commission for Scheduled Castes is an Indian constitutional body established with a view to providing safeguards against the exploitation of Scheduled Castes in the Constitution.
- Article 338 of the Indian constitution deals with National Commission for Scheduled Castes.
- The Constitution of India under Article 338 has assigned the duties and functions to the Commission.
- The major functions of NCSC are:
- To investigate and monitor all matters relating to the safeguards provided for the Scheduled Castes under the Constitution or under any other law for the time being in force or under any order of the Government and to evaluate the working of such safeguards;
- To inquire into specific complaints with respect to the deprivation of rights and safeguards of the Scheduled Castes.
Click here to know more about NCSC on the official website.
2. MANAS platform launched
The Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India Prof. K VijayRaghavan virtually launched the “MANAS” App to promote wellbeing across age groups.
Mains GS2 – Governance(Health)
Significance of MANAS platform:
- MANAS which stands for Mental Health and Normalcy Augmentation System was endorsed as a national program by the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
- MANAS is a comprehensive, scalable, and national digital wellbeing platform and an app developed to augment the mental well-being of Indian citizens.
- MANAS is a Community Mental – Health Digital Platform.
- MANAS App integrates the health and wellness efforts of various government ministries, scientifically validated indigenous tools with gamified interfaces developed/researched by various national bodies and research institutions.
- MANAS was initiated by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India.
- MANAS as an initiative is intended to build a healthier and happier community, to empower it to nurture its innate potential for building a Swasth and Aatmanirbhar Bharat as envisioned by our Hon’ble PM”.
Click here to view the Courtesy: PIB release.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.