In Today’s News:
- PMAY – Urban.
- Storage of Payment System Data.
NBDriver is a tool developed by the researchers at IIT Madras.
Prelims GS – Science & Technology
- NBDriver refers to Neighbourhood Driver.
- It is an AI tool.
- It is used for analyzing cancer-causing mutations in cells.
- This tool may be used in drawing the line between driver and passenger mutations by looking at the neighborhood, or context, of a mutation in the genome.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U), one of the world’s largest affordable housing Missions, has launched two unique initiatives, Khushiyon Ka Aashiyana- Short Film contest 2021 and Awas Par Samvaad – series of 75 seminars and workshops, to take ahead the Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Housing for All’.
Prelims GS – Governance
PMAY – Urban:
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U), a flagship mission of the Government of India being implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), was launched on the 25th June 2015.
- In line with the vision of Prime Minister- ‘Housing for All’ by 2022, PMAY-U has registered outstanding success.
- The Mission addresses urban housing shortage among the EWS/LIG and MIG categories including the slum dwellers by ensuring a pucca house to all eligible urban households by the year 2022 when the Nation completes 75 years of its Independence.
- Components of PMAY Urban:
- In-situ Slum Redevelopment
- Credit Linked Subsidy scheme
- Affordable Housing in partnership
- Beneficiary Led Construction
- Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has initiated Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs), a sub-scheme under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U). This will provide ease of living to urban migrants/ poor in the Industrial Sector as well as in the non-formal urban economy to get access to dignified affordable rental housing close to their workplace.
- MoHUA has initiated the Global Housing Technology Challenge – India (GHTC-India) which aims to identify and mainstream a basket of innovative construction technologies from across the globe for the housing construction sector that is sustainable, eco-friendly, and disaster-resilient.
Click here to view the official website of PMAY Urban.
Khushiyon Ka Ashiyana:
Khushiyon Kas Ashiyana is a short film contest to commemorate 6 years of PMAY Urban. It is open to all Indian Nationals above the age of 18 years as part of Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav.
Awas Par Samvaad:
Awas Par Samvaad aims to create awareness and promote discussion, deliberation, and dissemination on ‘Housing for All’among multiple stakeholders belonging to varied streams of learning and practices, e.g. engineering, urban community development, planning, finance, etc.
Click here to view the official PIB release.
3. Storage of Payment System Data
There is an article related to the curbs on Mastercard and the rules on local data storage of the RBI.
Prelims GS – Economic Development
Storage of Payment System Data:(Note: 2019 UPSC Prelims Question)
- The Reserve Bank of India issued a directive vide circular DPSS.CO.OD.No 2785/06.08.005/2017-18 dated April 06, 2018, on ‘Storage of Payment System Data’ advising all system providers to ensure that, within a period of six months, the entire data relating to payment systems operated by them is stored in a system only in India.
- The directions are applicable to all Payment System providers authorized/approved by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to set up and operate a payment system in India under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
- The entire payment data shall be stored in systems located only in India.
- The System Audit Report (SAR), from a CERT-In, empanelled Auditor, should inter-alia include Data Storage, Maintenance of Database, Data Backup Restoration, Data Security, etc.
- In the case of banks, especially foreign banks, earlier specifically permitted to store the banking data abroad, they may continue to do so; however, in respect of domestic payment transactions, the data shall be stored only in India, whereas for cross border payment transactions, the data may also be stored abroad.
- For cross border transaction data, consisting of a foreign component and a domestic component, a copy of the domestic component may also be stored abroad, if required
Click here to view the Courtesy: FAQs on the RBI website.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.