In Today’s News:
- E-Way Bill generation in August tops.
- VAIBHAV summit.
1. E-Way Bill generation in August tops.
E- Way Bill generation in August topped and valued at over ₹13.85 lakh crore. Approximately more than 4.37 crore e-way bills were generated by businesses and transporters in August. This is a strong reflection of the pickup in economic activity.
Prelims GS – Economic Development/Governance
- Electronic way, or e-way bills, are required for inter-State movement of goods worth over ₹50,000.
- For the intra-State movement, the limits vary from State to State.
- An E-way bill is a document required by a person in charge of the conveyance carrying any consignment of goods of value exceeding fifty thousand rupees as mandated by the Government in terms of Section 68 of the Goods and Services Tax Act read with Rule 138 of the Rules framed thereunder.
- It is generated from the GST Common Portal for the E-Way bill system by the registered persons or transporters who cause movement of goods before the commencement of such movement.
- The consignor or consignee, as a registered person or a transporter of the goods, can generate the e-way bill.
- The unregistered transporter can enroll on the common portal and generate the e-way bill for the movement of goods for his/her clients.
- Any citizen, other than the above, can also generate the e-way bill for the movement of goods for his/her own use.
- E-Way Bill is one of the projects of the Goods and Services Tax Network(GSTN).
Click here to view the FAQs of E-Way Bill.
2. VAIBHAV summit
VAIBHAV summit will be held online and will be inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India on October 2.
Prelims GS – Governance
- Vaishwik Bharatiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit is a collaborative initiative by Science & Technology and Academic Organisations of India to enable deliberations on thought processes, practices, and R&D culture with a problem-solving approach for well-defined objectives.
- The VAIBHAV initiative aims to bring out the comprehensive roadmap to leverage the expertise and knowledge of global Indian researchers for solving emerging challenges.
- By bringing the Indian Overseas and Resident academicians/scientists together a structure of association will be evolved.
- The aim of the summit is to reflect in-depth on the collaboration and cooperation instruments with academia and scientists in India.
- The goal is to create an ecosystem of Knowledge and Innovation in the country through global outreach.
- The virtual summit will be inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister on 2nd October 2020 in the virtual presence of registered academia and researchers from across the world.
- This will be followed by online month-long deliberation sessions starting from 3rd October to 25th October 2020 among researchers through webinar mode.
- The Summit aims to bring out mechanisms of advancements in education, research, and entrepreneurship in India as an essential element of its overall sustainable development.
- Key verticals of discussion will be on Quantum Technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Computational Sciences, Data Sciences, Electronics and Semiconductor technologies, etc.
Click here to know more about the summit.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.