In Today’s News:
- Hon’ble PM to release financial assistance in UP under PM Awas Yojana-Gramin.
- Indo French Exercise Desert Knight 21.
1. Hon’ble PM to release financial assistance in UP under PM Awas Yojana – Gramin
Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will release financial assistance of around Rs. 2691 crores to 6.1 lakh beneficiaries in Uttar Pradesh under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) on 20th January 2021 at 12 noon via video conferencing.
Prelims GS – Governance
PM Awas Yojana-Gramin:
- Prime Minister gave the clarion call of “Housing for All by 2022”, for which a flagship program of PMAY-G was launched on 20th November 2016.
- So far 1.26 crore houses have already been built across the country under the scheme.
- Under PMAY-G, each beneficiary is given a 100% grant of Rs.1.20 lakh (in plain areas) and Rs. 1.30 lakh (in Hilly States/North Eastern States/Difficult areas/UT of J&K and Ladakh/IAP/LWE districts).
- The beneficiaries of PMAY-G, in addition to the unit assistance, are also provided support of unskilled labor wages under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) and assistance of Rs. 12,000 for construction of toilets through Swachh Bharat Mission-Gramin (SBM-G), MGNREGS, or any other dedicated source of funding.
- The scheme has provisions for convergence with other schemes of the Government of India and State/UTs for providing LPG connection under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme, electricity connection, access to safe drinking water under Jal Jeevan Mission, etc.
Click here to view the official PIB Press Release.
2. Indo French Exercise Desert Knight 21
Indian Air Force and French Air and Space Force (Armée de l’Air et de l’Espace) will conduct a bilateral Air exercise, Ex Desert Knight-21 at Air Force Station Jodhpur from 20 to 24 Jan 21..
Prelims GS – Internal Security
Ex Desert Knight 21:
- Ex Desert Knight 21 is between Indian and French Air Forces.
- The French side will participate with Rafale, Airbus A-330 Multi-Role Tanker Transport (MRTT), A-400M Tactical Transport aircraft, and approximately 175 personnel.
- The Indian Air Force aircraft participating in the exercise will include Mirage 2000, Su-30 MKI, Rafale, IL-78 Flight Refuelling Aircraft, AWACS, and AEW&C aircraft.
- The exercise is unique as it includes fielding of Rafale aircraft by both sides and is indicative of the growing interaction between the two premiers Air Forces.
- As part of Indo-French defense cooperation, the Indian Air Force and the French Air and Space Force have held six editions of Air Exercises named ‘Garuda‘, the latest being in 2019 at Air Force Base Mont-de-Marsan, France.
Click here to view the official PIB release.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.