In Today’s News:
- Chhath festival.
- Digital India.
1. Chhath Festival
The Chhath Puja was celebrated on 20th November 2020 with devotees paying oblation to the rising Sun in different parts of the country.
Prelims GS – Art and Culture
- Chhath Puja which takes place after Diwali is dedicated to the Sun God and his wife Usha to thank them for sustaining life on earth and for granting wishes.
- Chhath Puja is held over the course of four days and is marked by various rituals, including fasting, standing in water for long periods of time, and making offerings to the Sun.
- This festival is observed by people all over Bihar, Jharkhand, eastern Uttar Pradesh, and parts of Nepal with much fervor.
2. Digital India
Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that Digital India is now a way of life in a virtual address to the Bengaluru Tech Summit 2020.
Prelims GS – Governance(e-Governance)
- Digital India is a flagship program of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
- Digital India was launched in 2015.
- The Digital India program is centered on three key vision areas:
- Digital India is to be implemented by the entire Government with overall coordination being done by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY).
Nine Pillars of Digital India:
Digital India aims to provide the much-needed thrust to the nine pillars of growth areas, namely
- Broadband Highways,
- Universal Access to Mobile Connectivity,
- Public Internet Access Programme,
- e-Governance: Reforming Government through Technology,
- e-Kranti – Electronic Delivery of Services,
- Information for All,
- Electronics Manufacturing,
- IT for Jobs and
- Early Harvest Programmes.
Click here to know more about Digital India
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.