In Today’s News:
- National Health Authority and National Digital Health Mission.
1. National Health Authority and National Digital Health Mission
National Health Authority Chairman Dr. Indu Bhushan at the Bangalore Tech Summit 2020 said that National Digital Health Mission will soon be ready for a nationwide roll-out.
Prelims GS – Governance(Health)
- National Health Authority (NHA) is the apex body responsible for implementing India’s flagship public health insurance/assurance scheme called “Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.”
- NHA has been set-up to implement PM-JAY, as it is popularly known, at the national level.
- NHA is an attached office of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare with full functional autonomy.
- NHA is governed by a Governing Board chaired by the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare.
- It is headed by a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), an officer of the rank of Secretary to the Government of India, who manages its affairs. The CEO is the Ex-Office Member Secretary of the Governing Board.
- To implement the scheme at the State level, State Health Agencies (SHAs) in the form of a society/trust have been set up by respective States.
- SHAs have full operational autonomy over the implementation of the scheme in the State including extending the coverage to non-SECC beneficiaries.
Click here to know more about NHA on the official website.
National Digital Health Mission:
Click here to know about the National Digital Health Mission on 16th August 2020.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.