In Today’s News:
- Lok Sabha passes the FCRA amendment bill 2020.
1. Lok Sabha passes the FCRA amendment bill 2020
The Lok Sabha passed the Foreign Contribution Regulation (Amendment) Bill 2020 (FCRA) by a voice vote on 21st September 2020.
Prelims GS – Governance
Click here to know about FCRA on 7th September 2020.
Mains GS2 – Governance
Highlights of FCRA Amendment Bill 2020:
(Note: These highlights given below are very important for Mains Exam)
- FCRA Amendment Bill seeks to make providing the Aadhar numbers of the office-bearers of any NGO mandatory for registration.
- Public servants will be barred from receiving funds from abroad.
- It also proposes to enable the Centre to allow an NGO or association to surrender its FCRA certificate.
- The draft Bill proposes that not more than 20 percent of the total foreign funds received could be spent on administrative expenses. (Currently, the limit is 50%).
To know more about the analysis of the FCRA amendment bill, click here to view PRS official website.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.