In Today’s News:
- DDU GKY
- Gaza strip
1. DDU GKY
As part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKAM) celebrations, around 1183 ‘ mobilization camps’ were organized across the country under the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) program.
Click here to view the official PIB release.
Prelims GS – Governance
- The Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) announced the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) Antyodaya Diwas, on 25th September 2014.
- DDU-GKY is a nationwide placement-linked skill training program funded by the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India.
- DDU-GKY is a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), tasked with the dual objectives of adding diversity to the incomes of rural poor families and cater to the career aspirations of rural youth.
- DDU-GKY is uniquely focused on rural youth between the ages of 15 and 35 years from poor families.
- As a part of the Skill India campaign, it plays an instrumental role in supporting the social and economic programs of the government like the Make In India, Digital India, Smart Cities, and Start-Up India, Stand-Up India campaigns.
Click here to view the official website of DDU GKY.
2. Gaza Strip
Gaza strip was attacked by Israel recently.
Prelims GS – World News/Current Affairs
- Gaza strip is a territory occupying 140 square miles (363 square km) along the Mediterranean Sea just northeast of the Sinai Peninsula.
- The Gaza Strip was under Egyptian military rule from 1949 to 1956 and again from 1957 to 1967
- In the Six-Day War of June 1967, the Gaza Strip was again taken by Israel.
- Confrontations between Israeli police and Palestinian demonstrators prompted Hamas to launch rockets into Jerusalem and parts of southern Israel; Israel responded with airstrikes in the Gaza Strip.
- Even today there is an ongoing crisis between Israel and Palestine on this Gaza strip.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.