In Today’s News:
- 24th Hunar Haat organized at Lucknow UP.
1. 24th Hunar Haat organized at Lucknow UP
The Ministry of Minority Affairs is organizing the 24th “Hunar Haat” at Avadh Shilpgram, Lucknow (UP) from 22nd January to 04th February 2021 with the theme of “Vocal for Local”.
Prelims GS – Governance
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs has taken the initiative to provide a huge platform through Hunar Haat to the artisans/craftsmen of India to showcase their expertise and explore the opportunities of employment under “Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development (USTAAD)”.
- “Hunar Haat” has proved to be a “Mega Mission” of “Empowerment of Indigenous Legacy” of artisans.
- Hunar Haat has become an “Empowerment Exchange” of artisans and craftsmen from across the country.
- Hunar Haat, which provides a market and opportunity to master artisans and craftsmen from remote areas of the country, has become a credible brand of rare exquisite indigenous handmade products.
- Hunar Haats are organized by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- “USTTAD” scheme refers to Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/ Crafts for Development.
- USTTAD scheme aims to preserve the heritage of traditional arts and crafts of minority communities and build the capacity of traditional craftspersons and artisans and establish linkages of traditional skills with the global market.
- USTTAD scheme comes under the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
Components of USTTAD:
The scheme will have the following programs:
- Up-gradation of Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts through Institutions
- USTTAD Fellowship for Research and Development.
- Support to Craft museum for curating traditional arts/ crafts.
- Support for minority craftsmen/artisans through Hunar Haats for marketing their products.
Click here to know more about USTTAD.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.