In Today’s News:
- Corbett Tiger Reserve
- National Monetisation Pipeline
- Yuktdhara – GIS-based planning portal
1. Corbett Tiger Reserve
The Delhi High Court has asked National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) to consider a petition against the construction of illegal walls and bridges inside Corbett Tiger Reserve.
Prelims GS – Environment/Indian Physical Geography
Corbett National Park:
- Jim Corbett National Park is a part of the larger Corbett Tiger Reserve, a Project Tiger Reserve that lies in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand.
- It was established in the year 1936 as Hailey National Park.
- Corbett has the glory of being India’s oldest and most prestigious National Park.
- It is also being honored as the place where Project Tiger was first launched in 1973.
- Ramganga, Sonanadi, Mandal, Palain, and Kosi are the major rivers are the most significant hydrological resource flowing through the Jim Corbett National Park.
Click here to view the official website of Corbett National Park.
Corbett Tiger Reserve:
- Corbett tiger reserve is located in Ramnagar in the Nainital district.
- The distinctive features of the park are
- It has sub-Himalayan belts
- It is the best eco-tourism destination
- It has 488 different species of plants
- Rich fauna
- The climate is sub-tropical
- It has Dhikala, Bijrani, Jhirna, Durgadevi and Sitavani zones.
Click here to view the official website of Corbett Tiger Reserve.
2. National Monetisation Pipeline
Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Smt Nirmala Sitharaman, launched the asset monetization pipeline of Central ministries and public sector entities: ‘National Monetisation Pipeline (NMP Volumes 1 & 2)’.
Prelims GS – Economic Development
National Monetisation Pipeline:
- Asset monetization pipeline of Central ministries and public sector entities: ‘National Monetisation Pipeline (NMP Volumes 1 & 2)’ was launched.
- The pipeline has been developed by NITI Aayog, in consultation with infrastructure line ministries, based on the mandate for ‘Asset Monetisation’ under Union Budget 2021-22.
- NMP estimates aggregate monetization potential of Rs 6.0 lakh crores through core assets of the Central Government, over a four-year period, from FY 2022 to FY 2025.
- Asset monetization, based on the philosophy of Creation through Monetisation, is aimed at tapping private sector investment for new infrastructure creation.
- NMP aims to provide a medium-term roadmap of the program for public asset owners; along with visibility on potential assets to the private sector.
Click here to know more about NMP on the Courtesy: PIB release.
3. Yuktdhara – a GIS-based planning portal
Union Minister of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Shri Giriraj Singh launched Yuktdhara GIS-based planning Portal.
Prelims GS – Governance/Science & Technology
- Yuktdhara is a GIS-based planning portal.
- Yuktdhara GIS planning portal has been developed on the Bhuvan Platform by the National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) under the guidance of Mahatma Gandhi NREGA division, MoRD.
- This portal will help Ministries and Departments to see the geographical location of planned assets on a map in the web-based system.
- This will further help in integrated planning for works, optimized convergence plans, and facilitate effective monitoring of the implementation of works and creation of assets.
- The linkage of the Yuktdhara portal may help in driving towards Atmanirbhar Bharat through Space Technology.
- The portal integrates a wide variety of spatial information contents to enable a holistic approach towards Gram Panchayat planning using open-source Geographical Information System (GIS) tools.
Click here to view the official PIB release.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.