In Today’s News:
- Hon’ble PM chairs PRAGATI Meeting.
1.Hon’ble PM chairs PRAGATI meeting
Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired the 36th PRAGATI meeting on 24.2.2021. The Prime Minister expressed his concerns in delays being observed in the execution of some of the projects, and directed the officials concerned that all pending issues should be resolved in a time-bound manner, and wherever possible, in Mission Mode.
Prelims GS – Governance
- PRAGATI refers to Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation.
- PRAGATI is a unique integrating and interactive platform.
- The platform is aimed at addressing the common man’s grievances and simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programs and projects of the Government of India as well as projects flagged by State Governments.
Mains GS2 – Governance(Good Governance)
Significance of PRAGATI:
- The PRAGATI platform uniquely bundles the three latest technologies:
- Digital data management,
- video-conferencing and
- geo-spatial technology.
- It also offers a unique combination in the direction of cooperative federalism since it brings on one stage the Secretaries of the Government of India and the Chief Secretaries of the States.
- With this, the Prime Minister is able to discuss the issues with the concerned Central and State officials with full information and the latest visuals of the ground-level situation.
- It is also an innovative project in e-governance and good governance.
- It is a three-tier system (PMO, Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States)
- Prime Minister will hold a monthly program where he will interact with the Government of India Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries through Video-conferencing enabled by data and geo-informatics visuals.
Click here to know more about PRAGATI.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.