In Today’s News:
- Exercise VARUNA
1. Exercise VARUNA
The 19th edition of the bilateral exercise ‘VARUNA-2021’ is scheduled to be conducted in the Arabian Sea from 25th to 27th April 2021.
Prelims GS – Internal Security
- Indian and French Navy Bilateral exercise VARUNA 2021 is the 19th edition of the bilateral exercise.
- The three-day exercise will see high tempo-naval operations at sea, including advanced air defense and anti-submarine exercises, intense fixed and rotary wing flying operations, tactical maneuvers, surface, and anti-air weapon firings, underway replenishment, and other maritime security operations.
- Units of both navies will endeavor to enhance and hone their war-fighting skills to demonstrate their ability as an integrated force to promote peace, security, and stability in the maritime domain.
- VARUNA-21 highlights growing bonhomie and showcases increased levels of synergy, coordination, and interoperability between the two friendly navies.
- These interactions further underscore the shared values as partner navies, in ensuring freedom of seas and commitment to an open, inclusive Indo-Pacific and a rules-based international order.
Click here to view the official PIB release.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.