In Today’s News:
- Atal Pension Yojana.
In order to ensure smooth and quick passage of vehicles at the toll plazas, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has issued guidelines to ensure service time of not more than 10 seconds per vehicle even during peak hours at the toll plazas on the National Highways.
Click here to view the official PIB release.
Prelims GS – Governance
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has developed the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program to meet the electronic tolling requirements of the Indian market.
- It offers an interoperable nationwide toll payment solution including clearinghouse services for settlement and dispute management.
- FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly while the vehicle is in motion.
- FASTag (RFID Tag) is affixed on the windscreen of the vehicle and enables a customer to make the toll payments directly from the account which is linked to FASTag.
- FASTag offers the convenience of cashless payment along with benefits like – savings on fuel and time as the customer does not has to stop at the toll plaza.
Click here to view the official website of FASTAG.
2. Atal Pension Yojana
2.82 crore subscribers have been enrolled under Atal Pension Yojana.
Prelims GS – Governance
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY), a pension scheme launched by the Government of India is focused on the unorganized sector workers.
- Any Indian citizen within the age group of 18 – 40 years, can join the APY Scheme irrespective of his/her employment status with Govt./Public Sector, for availing benefits guaranteed by the Government of India under the scheme
- APY can be subscribed by any Indian citizen in the age group of 18-40 years having a bank account and its uniqueness is attributable to three distinctive benefits.
- First, it provides a minimum guaranteed pension ranging from Rs 1000 to Rs 5000 on attaining 60 years of age.
- Secondly, the amount of pension is guaranteed for a lifetime to the spouse on the death of the subscriber.
- Lastly, in the event of the death of both the subscriber and the spouse, the entire pension corpus is paid to the nominee.
Click here to view the official FAQs of APY.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.