In Today’s News:
- Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay.
1. Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has paid homage to Rishi Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay on his Jayanti on 27.6.2021.
Prelims GS – History
Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay:
- Bankim Chandra Chatterjee is also known as Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay.
- He was one of the greatest poets of India.
- Bankim Chandra Chatterjee was born on June 27, 1838, in the village Kantalpara of the 24 Paraganas District of West Bengal.
- Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay is the author of Vande Matram, the national song of India.
- His famous novel was Anandmath which contained the song Bande Matram which later became Vande Matram, the national song of India.
- Kapalkundala (1866), Mrinalini (1869), Vishbriksha (1873), Chandrasekhar (1877), Rajani (1877), Rajsimha (1881), and Devi Chaudhurani(1884) were the other famous novels of Bankim Chandra Chatterjee.
Click here to know more about Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay on the WestBengal Council of Higher Secondary Education.
All High Court websites now have captchas that are accessible to Persons with Disabilities (PwDs).
Click here to view the PIB release.
Prelims GS – Science & Technology
- CAPTCHA refers to a Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart.
- CAPTCHAs help to differentiate between real users and automated users, such as automated bots.
- CAPTCHAs are difficult for computers to perform but they are easy for humans.
- For example, identifying stretched letters or numbers, or clicking the specific area based on pictures.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.