In Today’s News:
- JIMEX 2020.
1. JIMEX 2020
The fourth edition of the India-Japan Maritime Bilateral exercise is being conducted in the North Arabian Sea from 26th September to 28th September. The last such exercise was conducted in 2018 off Vishakapatnam. After the conclusion of the Mutual Logistics Support Agreement with Japan, this is the first exercise that is being conducted.
Click here to view about India – Japan Mutual Logistics Support Agreement on 11th Sep 2020.
Prelims GS – Security/International Relations
- India and Japan are conducting Naval Exercise called JIMEX.
- JIMEX’ series of exercises commenced in January 2012 with a special focus on maritime security cooperation.
- It is conducted biennially between the Indian Navy and the Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF).
- JIMEX 20 will showcase a high degree of inter-operability and joint operational skills through the conduct of a multitude of advanced exercises, across the spectrum of maritime operations.
- Multi-faceted tactical exercises involving weapon firings, cross deck helicopter operations and complex surface, anti-submarine, and air warfare drills will consolidate coordination developed by the two navies.
Click here to view the official Press Release.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.