In Today’s News:
- STARS project agreement between DEA and World Bank.
1. STARS project agreement between DEA and World Bank
Agreement for the financial support of the implementation of Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States (STARS) project of Ministry of Education was signed between the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) and World Bank along with the Ministry of Education.
Prelims GS – Governance
(Note: Such different topics are surfacing in the UPSC Exams. Highlighted points may be important for Prelims point of questions)
- STARS project would be implemented as a new Centrally Sponsored Scheme under the Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSEL), Ministry of Education.
- The project covers 6 States viz Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, and Odisha. (Note: In exams, they may twist the statement mentioning STARS project covers entire India which is wrong. So, be careful on such intrinsic points)
- The identified States will be supported for various interventions for improving the quality of education.
- The Program envisions improving the overall monitoring and measurement activities in the Indian school education system through interventions in selected states.
- STARS will draw on the existing structure under Samagra Shiksha with the DoSEL, MoE as the main implementing agency at the national level.
- At the State level, the project will be implemented through the integrated State Implementation Society (SIS) for Samagra Shiksha.
Mains GS – Governance(Education)
Benefits of STARS project:
- STARS project will be instrumental in the implementation of various recommendations of National Education Policy 2020.
- STARS project will help in:
- Strengthening Early Childhood Education and Foundational Learning,
- Improving Learning Assessment System,
- ICT-enabled approaches in education,
- Teachers Development and
- Vocational education, etc.
Click here to view the official PIB release.
Click here for Daily current affairs for the UPSC exams on other dates.