In Today’s News:
- NAFED and Operation Greens
1. NAFED and Operation Greens
NAFED is planning to import onions to control soaring prices.
Prelims GS – Economic Development
- National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd.(NAFED) was established on the auspicious day of Gandhi Jayanti on 2nd October 1958.
- Nafed is registered under the Multi-State Co-operative Societies Act.
- Nafed was set up with the object to promote Cooperative marketing of agricultural produce to benefit the farmers.
- Agricultural farmers are the main members of Nafed, who have the authority to say in the form of members of the General Body in the working of Nafed.